- Plenty of new railway stock at 'Readers Halt'
(07/03/2014 @ 14:07:00)
- Station Farm site at Bishops Lydeard
(04/03/2014 @ 11:33:00)
- Rapid progress with Crowcombe Heathfield fund raising
(03/03/2014 @ 15:43:00)
- West Somerset Railway 2015 calendar has now arrived at Minehead station shop.
(03/03/2014 @ 13:00:00)
- Spring Steam Gala Accommodation
(28/02/2014 @ 13:54:00)
- Bishops Lydeard shop during the Spring Steam Gala
(27/02/2014 @ 11:46:00)
- The model railway in the Gauge Museum at Bishops Lydeard Station looks forward to the 2014 season
(25/02/2014 @ 13:44:00)
- Spring Steam Gala warm up timetable on Wednesday 26th March
(25/02/2014 @ 12:06:00)
- First visiting locomotives for West Somerset Railway Autumn Steam Gala
(22/02/2014 @ 15:51:00)
- First ever ladies day on the West Somerset Railway Saturday May 10th
(22/02/2014 @ 15:27:00)
- Three steam engines in action on March 26th
(22/02/2014 @ 12:45:00)
- A chance to driver a small part of Somerset's railway and industrial history
(22/02/2014 @ 11:03:00)
- Photographs required for West Somerset Free Press WSR supplement
(19/02/2014 @ 11:43:00)
- Julian Holland announces book signing at Spring Steam Gala.
(18/02/2014 @ 15:46:00)
- Spring Steam Gala Heritage Hunter Day Out Itineraries
(16/02/2014 @ 10:59:00)
- 'Inside Track' Railway holiday at Spring Steam Gala
(14/02/2014 @ 13:22:00)
- Bulleid “West Country” 34007 “Wadebridge” announced as final Spring Steam Gala visiting engine
(12/02/2014 @ 15:02:00)
- Powerham Signal Box in Action during Spring Steam Gala
(12/02/2014 @ 14:36:00)
- Somerset and Dorset Railway Trust Washford Station during the Spring Steam Gala
(11/02/2014 @ 15:53:00)
- West Somerset Railway PLC statement following the decision by Somerset County Council to sell the freehold of the line.
(10/02/2014 @ 16:50:00)
- Minehead Winter Festival
(10/02/2014 @ 12:07:00)
- West Somerset Railway Freehold Update
(10/02/2014 @ 10:56:00)
- Appeal for new building work at Crowcombe Heathfield railway station hits one third of target within three weeks.
(06/02/2014 @ 16:22:00)
- Film Night: The Beatles Film “A Hard Day’s Night”. Friday 7th March 2014. Tickets on sale now!
(05/02/2014 @ 14:40:00)
- February Tourist Information news
(04/02/2014 @ 09:30:00)
- Somerset and Dorset Railway Trust Museum open for February half term
(03/02/2014 @ 15:56:00)
- Half-term events along the West Somerset Railway
(30/01/2014 @ 11:59:00)
- Excellent news for diesel hydraulic enthusiasts
(28/01/2014 @ 13:59:00)
- February half-term at the West Somerset Railway
(28/01/2014 @ 10:26:00)
- Somerset's still open for visitors!
(27/01/2014 @ 14:19:00)
- Two more publicity/sales stands have been added to the line-up of those appearing at the Spring Steam Gala.
(27/01/2014 @ 11:07:00)
- West Somerset Railway wins national award for its Day Out With Thomas™ Events
(24/01/2014 @ 09:51:00)
- Volunteering your time to help the Railway - Preserving the Past for the Future
(21/01/2014 @ 22:32:00)
- Heritage Hunter App Update
(21/01/2014 @ 22:17:00)
- Heritage Hunter App FAQ's
(21/01/2014 @ 21:35:00)
- What to eat at Crowcombe Heathfield Station during the Spring Steam Gala.
(21/01/2014 @ 16:10:00)
- West Somerset Steam Railway Trust Heritage Carriages Project during the Spring Steam Gala
(21/01/2014 @ 15:41:00)
- Plenty of model railway interest at the West Somerset Railway Spring Steam Gala
(20/01/2014 @ 14:45:00)
- 34070 “Manston” replaces 34053 at West Somerset Railway “Withered Arm” Spring Steam Gala
(20/01/2014 @ 13:31:00)
- Spring Steam Gala: 3rd Annual WSR Literary Festival and WSR Model Railway Exhibition details announced.
(20/01/2014 @ 13:24:00)
- Events along the line of West Somerset Railway 2014
(15/01/2014 @ 15:47:00)
- 2014 Volunteer Information/Open Day
(15/01/2014 @ 13:27:00)
- What happens at the West Somerset Railway in the winter when the trains are not running?
(15/01/2014 @ 09:29:00)
- Getting in the mood for the Spring Steam Gala
(14/01/2014 @ 13:54:00)
- A Somerset and Dorset Railway line anniversary commemorated in March.
(13/01/2014 @ 15:52:00)
- A (sort of) Somerset & Dorset Railway anniversary connected with the Spring Steam Gala in March
(13/01/2014 @ 13:35:00)
- Sandstone block sponsorship sought at Crowcombe Heathfield Station as former building is targetted for recreation.
(13/01/2014 @ 11:26:00)
- Travel on Dunster Castle Express on May 3rd for Civil War Weekend
(10/01/2014 @ 16:26:00)
- A new water tank for the West Somerset Railway locomotive department arrives from Reading
(10/01/2014 @ 15:48:00)
- Steam locomotive which saw service in France in first World War is being hired for West Somerset Railway Spring Steam Gala.
(10/01/2014 @ 10:50:00)
- New for 2014: Augmented Reality Heritage Hunter App
(06/01/2014 @ 14:58:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News - January 2014
(06/01/2014 @ 09:54:00)
- Record figures this year for Somerset's tourism, say industry chiefs
(01/01/2014 @ 11:22:00)
- West Somerset Railway News:- March 2014
(01/01/2014 @ 11:10:00)
- 2014 Event and Train tickets now on sale!
(17/12/2013 @ 16:55:00)
- Discounted train tickets are now on sale for all five 2014 West Somerset Railway Meet and Greet Days
(17/12/2013 @ 13:09:00)
- Extra levels of discount for 'Mixed Traction Weekend' and Autumn Steam Gala Rover tickets
(16/12/2013 @ 13:07:00)
- Book launch by Robin Summerhill at 2014 Spring Steam Gala
(13/12/2013 @ 15:30:00)
- Two train simulators on sale at Minehead Station Shop
(13/12/2013 @ 13:17:00)
- Dunster Station platform re-surfacing work
(04/12/2013 @ 14:43:00)
- West Somerset Railway Plc Corporate Plan 2014-2023 Consultation Draft
(02/12/2013 @ 16:37:00)
- BBC “Casualty” so pleased with filming on west somerset railway and local welcome that they will be returning in 2014
(29/11/2013 @ 13:22:00)
- Special winter breaks package at Yarn Market Hotel in Dunster overlaps with Spring Steam Gala.
(28/11/2013 @ 10:58:00)
- Roast Sunday lunch on Minehead Santa Special days
(22/11/2013 @ 14:50:00)
- Santa Special Souvenir Photos - New for 2013
(19/11/2013 @ 12:54:00)
- Renaming of WSR Stations during Spring Steam Gala 2014
(19/11/2013 @ 11:32:00)
- More congratulations go to……
(19/11/2013 @ 09:34:00)
- Special 'EXTRA' Discounted Spring Steam Gala Rovers available to purchase between now and 31.12.13.
(18/11/2013 @ 15:54:00)
- Steam locomotive which saw service in France in first World War is being hired for West Somerset Railway Spring Steam Gala.
(18/11/2013 @ 15:49:00)
- Spring Steam Gala 2014 - Special offer on Rover Tickets
(18/11/2013 @ 15:42:00)
- Contract negotiations are underway to bring two “new to the railway” locomotives to West Somerset Railway Spring Steam Gala
(18/11/2013 @ 15:01:00)
- Trackers visit to Steam Museum
(18/11/2013 @ 14:33:00)
- Beatles Film Night - A Hard Day's Night
(18/11/2013 @ 12:08:00)
- West Somerset Railway makes its first annual presentation to young volunteers
(14/11/2013 @ 09:35:00)
- New for you at the West Somerset Railway in 2014
(12/11/2013 @ 15:42:00)
- 2014 Steam Engineman Course Dates announced
(12/11/2013 @ 09:37:00)
- Only 6 limited edition 4mm scale model railway wagons left in stock
(05/11/2013 @ 15:42:00)
- West Somerset Railway at Bridgwater Carnival
(05/11/2013 @ 14:56:00)
- Turntable Cafe at Minehead to open November weekends
(04/11/2013 @ 11:20:00)
- WSR Tourist Information News - November 2013
(04/11/2013 @ 10:14:00)
- Festive Fun on the West Somerset Railway - The festive season is approaching!
(04/11/2013 @ 09:59:00)
- West Somerset Railway to launch Augmented Reality App
(25/10/2013 @ 09:06:00)
- Four Great Western steam locomotives in action at West Somerset Railway Winter Steam Festival
(21/10/2013 @ 11:19:00)
- Fund raiser for Heritage Carriages Project
(21/10/2013 @ 11:16:00)
- Loco and coach restoration commemorated
(18/10/2013 @ 15:13:00)
- Successful Joint Meeting between the WSR plc and the WSRA
(18/10/2013 @ 10:19:00)
- Autumn Steam Gala - Cambrian Railways Theme DVD now available
(17/10/2013 @ 09:51:00)
- Paralympian Medal Winner launched West Somerset Railway’s New Open Access Coach
(15/10/2013 @ 09:00:00)
- Name that train!
(14/10/2013 @ 14:14:00)
- 86 year old visitor to WSR tries her hand at driving a steam engine.
(08/10/2013 @ 13:50:00)
- The Withered Arm and the Atlantic Coast Express - Spring Steam Gala 2014
(06/10/2013 @ 12:32:00)
- Engagement on 5029 Nunney Castle footplate during Autumn Steam Gala
(06/10/2013 @ 11:30:00)
- President of Welsh Railway Pressure Group visits West Somerset Railway on October 4th during “Cambrian Railways” Steam Gala
(04/10/2013 @ 14:06:00)
- Who or what is ARTHA?
(02/10/2013 @ 17:01:00)
- West Somerset Railway October 2013 News Update
(02/10/2013 @ 10:33:00)
- Blue Anchor Station Building now available
(01/10/2013 @ 09:08:00)
- Request for photos for West Somerset Railway 2015 Calendar
(26/09/2013 @ 10:25:00)
- The brand new Christmas cards for 2013 feature WSR Mogul 2-6-0 No 9351
(12/09/2013 @ 14:01:00)
- Looking for a Christmas Party with a difference?
(12/09/2013 @ 12:12:00)
- Autumn Steam Gala at the Turntable Café at Minehead Station
(12/09/2013 @ 10:13:00)
- What's happening at Minehead Station during the Autumn Steam Gala
(11/09/2013 @ 10:11:00)
- Major Makeover Announced for Somerset’s Official Tourism and Leisure Website
(09/09/2013 @ 14:30:00)
- Letter to WSR Volunteers, Members and other Supporters
(09/09/2013 @ 09:15:00)
- West Somerset Railway Agrees Leadership Succession
(09/09/2013 @ 09:08:00)
- Inside track at Autumn Steam Gala
(08/09/2013 @ 08:10:00)
- On Track for Christmas Festive events on the West Somerset Railway
(06/09/2013 @ 11:35:00)
- Circle of Hope mini fun run in Minehead
(04/09/2013 @ 11:15:00)
- West Somerset Railway September News
(01/09/2013 @ 11:37:00)
- Loco and coach restoration to be commemorated by S&D Trust at Washford Station
(30/08/2013 @ 13:39:00)
- Crowcombe Heathfield Station to take part in 'The World's Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
(30/08/2013 @ 11:37:00)
- Chinese journalists visit the West Somerset Railway
(30/08/2013 @ 11:18:00)
- Autumn things to see and do at the West Somerset Railway
(26/08/2013 @ 12:06:00)
- Latest limited edition model wagon available
(26/08/2013 @ 11:43:00)
- Five millionth passenger traveled on the West Somerset Railway today!
(22/08/2013 @ 10:42:00)
- Two Autumn Gala Holiday Offers
(20/08/2013 @ 09:38:00)
- Taunton Model Railway Group In Print
(19/08/2013 @ 12:55:00)
- Celebrate summer on our first class dining train
(13/08/2013 @ 10:57:00)
- 5029 & 7827 in line as “guests” at West Somerset Railway Autumn Steam Gala in line-up of 8 Swindon machines.
(12/08/2013 @ 12:55:00)
- Coffee morning at Crowcombe Heathfield in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
(09/08/2013 @ 11:16:00)
- Special offer at the buffer stop shop Minehead
(08/08/2013 @ 07:52:00)
- Class 14 diesel locomotive D9526 will be used for driver for a fiver during West Somerset Railway Late Summer Weekend August 31st and September 1st.
(06/08/2013 @ 09:45:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News - August 2013
(06/08/2013 @ 07:43:00)
- Press release from Somerset County Council & West Somerset Railway plc about the future of the WSR
(30/07/2013 @ 07:11:00)
- New for 2013: Sherry and Mince Pie Specials
(24/07/2013 @ 12:50:00)
- Great Railway Treasure Hunt - Chance to win a Family Day Rover
(24/07/2013 @ 11:45:00)
- Renaming of Stations for Cambrian Railway themed Autumn Steam Gala
(24/07/2013 @ 09:25:00)
- Station of the week is Crowcombe Heathfield.
(22/07/2013 @ 09:57:00)
- Start of the summer holidays on the West Somerset Railway
(22/07/2013 @ 09:17:00)
- Sir Topham Hat draws out the tickets for the Days Out With Thomas free prize draw.
(19/07/2013 @ 17:24:00)
- 2013 beer festival tee-shirts now on sale in Minehead Station Shop.
(19/07/2013 @ 10:50:00)
- Work begins on extension to locomotive servicing pit at Minehead Station
(17/07/2013 @ 14:23:00)
- Holiday events on and along the route of the West Somerset Railway in late July and during August.
(17/07/2013 @ 11:55:00)
- Two engines of differing gauges at Cambrian Railways Autumn Steam Gala
(13/07/2013 @ 10:05:00)
- The Somerset Tourism Association & its lead brand Visit Somerset is now well and truly planning a regional recovery.
(10/07/2013 @ 13:09:00)
- Sunshine brings the crowds to see “Day Out With “Thomas”” at the West Somerset Railway
(08/07/2013 @ 11:43:00)
- Hire agreement sent off to bring “Sir Haydn” to the Autumn Steam Gala
(08/07/2013 @ 09:30:00)
- Combined ticket deal with Butlins Resort in Minehead for WSR ticket holders
(06/07/2013 @ 12:38:00)
- Special offers available in Minehead Station Shop and at the Thomas Sales Stand on Minehead Station platform: While stocks last!
(04/07/2013 @ 10:19:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News - July 2013
(01/07/2013 @ 10:16:00)
- Minehead toy & train sale draws closer
(01/07/2013 @ 09:29:00)
- ICE Project of the year awards - Commended 'bronze medal' place for Goviers Lane Crossing Improvement
(01/07/2013 @ 08:53:00)
- Statement by West Somerset Railway Plc (WSR) on freehold of railway land
(01/07/2013 @ 07:34:00)
- Special Offer at Pips Fish for West Somerset Railway Ticket Holders
(28/06/2013 @ 16:31:00)
- July weekends: some great days out for the family along the west somerset railway.
(28/06/2013 @ 14:32:00)
- July 27th Booking signing by Zoe Ainsworth Grigg
(26/06/2013 @ 14:36:00)
- Watchet Town Council fun day on August 9th
(25/06/2013 @ 11:31:00)
- Free bus link to Dunster Show August 16th.
(24/06/2013 @ 13:09:00)
- Travel by train to Watchet Carnival: Sunday July 28th
(24/06/2013 @ 12:05:00)
- Free bus link to Dunster Country Fair on Wednesday 24th July
(24/06/2013 @ 11:46:00)
- An historic event for “small-boilered Mogul” 9351
(24/06/2013 @ 10:57:00)
- Late Summer Weekend loco line-up confirmed
(21/06/2013 @ 08:02:00)
- ‘Eden the Elephant’ starts STOMP tour of Bristol and Somerset featuring the West Somerset Railway on Tuesday 9th July @ Minehead Station
(18/06/2013 @ 11:30:00)
- Minehead Harbour Festival details announced.
(13/06/2013 @ 12:22:00)
- Next West Somerset Railway limited edition wagon links to Autumn Steam Gala theme.
(11/06/2013 @ 09:18:00)
- Vintage diesel locomotive action during the remainder of June 2013
(09/06/2013 @ 08:07:00)
- Group & Coach Company travel during Gala events
(07/06/2013 @ 09:56:00)
- June Tourist Information News
(04/06/2013 @ 15:19:00)
- Diesel locomotives on the West Somerset Railway.
(04/06/2013 @ 15:17:00)
- Two new TV Ads and a Video Competition boost Exmoor Tourism
(20/05/2013 @ 11:22:00)
- Powderham Signal Box Exhibit at Bishops Lydeard Gauge Museum
(20/05/2013 @ 07:52:00)
- Peter Johnson (author) to attend Cambrian Gala in October
(16/05/2013 @ 08:09:00)
- Enjoy a First Class Dining experience on the Quantock Belle this August
(14/05/2013 @ 07:20:00)
- 7812 “Erlestoke Manor” makes a 78xx trio for Autumn Steam Gala
(13/05/2013 @ 10:04:00)
- The Somerset & Dorset Line from Above: Evercreech Junction to Bournemouth available now from the Buffer Stop Shop
(09/05/2013 @ 09:54:00)
- Substantial increase in Group Bookings business for the West Somerset Railway
(04/05/2013 @ 13:10:00)
- West Somerset Railway May Tourist Information
(03/05/2013 @ 10:29:00)
- Mixed Traction Weekend working timetables and full locomotive diagrams released
(02/05/2013 @ 12:01:00)
- Visit the WSR Stand at the North Somerset Show on Monday 6th May
(30/04/2013 @ 13:14:00)
- CAMRA and WSR Real Ale Festival.
(29/04/2013 @ 07:53:00)
- The Mixed Traction Weekend June 7th - 9th.
(29/04/2013 @ 07:44:00)
- Taunton Flower Show 2013 is ready to bloom - travel by Steam Train
(26/04/2013 @ 11:01:00)
- Special trains from Bishops Lydeard to Taunton and Back on June 8th & 9th!
(23/04/2013 @ 13:44:00)
- Shuttle trains to link Taunton and Bishops Lydeard during West Somerset Railway Mixed Traction Weekend.
(22/04/2013 @ 13:22:00)
- RSPB Somerset Wildlife Stand at Minehead Station
(22/04/2013 @ 11:46:00)
- Two heritage diesel locomotives making their West Somerset Railway debuts during Mixed Traction Weekend
(22/04/2013 @ 10:04:00)
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue services to attend “Fireman Sam” day on West Somerset Railway on Saturday May 4th.
(22/04/2013 @ 09:15:00)
- Stogumber Festival 2013 - International performers to relaunch Music Festival after 15 year break
(22/04/2013 @ 09:01:00)
- D2133 in its previous life prior to arrival at the WSR - Photo Album
(17/04/2013 @ 10:06:00)
- Mixed Traction Weekend timetables announced
(16/04/2013 @ 13:02:00)
- Vintage Bus Display and Running Day - Sunday 12th May
(12/04/2013 @ 11:31:00)
- The Illustrated Railway Children book by Edith Nesbit on behalf of the Cystic Fibrosis and Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital charities.
(12/04/2013 @ 08:55:00)
- 2013 Spring Steam Gala DVD now available
(09/04/2013 @ 13:12:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News April 2013
(02/04/2013 @ 13:54:00)
- Class 33 “Crompton” diesel locomotive dating from 1960’s to head St George’s Day “Quantock Belle” dining train on West Somerset Railway on April 23rd.
(01/04/2013 @ 08:10:00)
- West Somerset Railway and Hestercombe Gardens are pleased to announce the return of the Hestercombe Express.
(28/03/2013 @ 15:59:00)
- 2013 Diesel Running Dates
(26/03/2013 @ 14:29:00)
- Station Farm operating area planning application decision
(26/03/2013 @ 10:09:00)
- Ale Train and Fish & Chips Special July 27th - New for 2013
(24/03/2013 @ 15:20:00)
- Easter what to see and do guide on the West Somerset Railway
(24/03/2013 @ 09:51:00)
- Mixed Traction Gala in June will mark a temporary farewell for a Class 33
(23/03/2013 @ 10:46:00)
- Red Arrows announced as headline act for Minehead Summer Festival - August 14th
(19/03/2013 @ 07:29:00)
- Minehead literary festival update
(14/03/2013 @ 11:26:00)
- Cambrian Railways theme Autumn Gala Rover tickets now on sale
(13/03/2013 @ 10:27:00)
- Day Out With Thomas tickets on sale now
(06/03/2013 @ 21:36:00)
- Ale Train and Fish & Chip Special - New for 2013
(05/03/2013 @ 12:43:00)
- West Somerset Railway March Tourist Information News
(01/03/2013 @ 16:15:00)
- 2014 West Somerset Railway calendar is now available
(01/03/2013 @ 09:13:00)
- Limited edition 7 plank wagon used by Hartnell and Sons Taunton and Bishops Lydeard available now.
(28/02/2013 @ 15:23:00)
- Autumn Steam Gala celebrates the 150th Anniversary of the Newtown and Machynlleth railway and the Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway
(26/02/2013 @ 13:02:00)
A Cambrain Railways theme on the West Somerset Railway
- West Somerset Railway features in April 2013 issue of Coast Magazine
(26/02/2013 @ 12:51:00)
- WSR Gala Night Shoot featuring the Rail Motor
(26/02/2013 @ 10:30:00)
- WSR Job Vacancies announced: Assistant to the General Manager, Deputy Operating Superintendent and Head of Infrastructure Engineering.
(25/02/2013 @ 16:20:00)
- A Before Tax Profit for the year to 31st December 2012.
(22/02/2013 @ 12:31:00)
- Washford Station Open Day on Saturday 16th March during Spring Steam Gala
(20/02/2013 @ 15:28:00)
- Great Railway Eras book now available
(20/02/2013 @ 15:12:00)
- New facilitiy for disabled people and pedestrians to cross line in Watchet officially opened.
(19/02/2013 @ 18:02:00)
- 2013 Events Update
(19/02/2013 @ 16:08:00)
- Full steam ahead for the West Somerset Railway's 2nd Railway Literary Festival
(11/02/2013 @ 11:03:00)
- 2013 Late Summer Weekend and Winter Steam Festival Updates
(06/02/2013 @ 14:28:00)
- Real Ale Guide to the West Somerset Railway
(06/02/2013 @ 12:33:00)
- Somerset Branch Line Day: Railmotor History?
(05/02/2013 @ 13:50:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News: February 2013
(01/02/2013 @ 13:03:00)
- New model railway show at Minehead Station during Spring Steam Gala
(24/01/2013 @ 11:47:00)
- Murder Mystery Evenings 2013 announced
(17/01/2013 @ 14:24:00)
- Exmoor Train and Toy Fair
(17/01/2013 @ 12:45:00)
- Bookings now open for 2013 West Somerset Railway Dining Train Specials
(17/01/2013 @ 12:24:00)
- Confirmed publishers for Spring Steam Gala Railway Literary Festival
(15/01/2013 @ 15:54:00)
- New for 2013: The Lynton and Lynmouth Explorer
(15/01/2013 @ 15:14:00)
- Meet & Greet Days featuring Peppa Pig and George, Fireman Sam, Mike the Knight and Scooby-Doo
(14/01/2013 @ 14:09:00)
- 2013 Spring Steam Gala Update
(11/01/2013 @ 10:32:00)
- Minehead Winter Festival - February 2013
(10/01/2013 @ 11:07:00)
- West Somerset Railway to feature on episode of Michael Portillo’s “Great Railway Journeys” on January 30th.
(09/01/2013 @ 16:17:00)
- Somerset Woodland Association and the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group (FWAG) SouthWest awareness day with West Somerset Railway on 9th December 2012
(08/01/2013 @ 17:38:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News - January 2013
(07/01/2013 @ 15:54:00)
- Are you interested in preserving the future of Blue Anchor Station?
(07/01/2013 @ 15:50:00)
- West Somerset Railway carries over 200,000 visitors in 2012
(07/01/2013 @ 15:31:00)
- Local Events along the route of the West Somerset Railway
(07/01/2013 @ 11:52:00)
- West Somerset Railway “Dunster Castle Express” Familiarisation Visits For March 2013
(01/01/2013 @ 11:38:00)
- The West Somerset Railway will be attending The South West Travel Show on January 12th
(01/01/2013 @ 11:05:00)
- Volunteer Induction Sessions 2013
(29/12/2012 @ 15:16:00)
- 2013 Autumn Steam Gala: Four days in which the Cambrian Railways atmosphere will come to West Somerset
(28/12/2012 @ 12:20:00)
- Goviers Lane crossing ready for Christmas
(21/12/2012 @ 13:37:00)
- Real Ale Guide to the 20 miles of line between Bishops Lydeard and Minehead.
(20/12/2012 @ 13:54:00)
- Limited Edition model of SDR 7F number 88 is in stock at the Buffer Stop Shop in Minehead at a discounted price
(14/12/2012 @ 13:46:00)
- 2013 Spring Steam Gala Locomotive line up news
(14/12/2012 @ 13:14:00)
- Visit Exmoor unveils the South west’s first destination mobile website
(13/12/2012 @ 20:49:00)
- The Stories of Whiteball Tunnel
(12/12/2012 @ 15:18:00)
- More Diesel Hauled Quantock Belles in 2013
(11/12/2012 @ 13:59:00)
- West Somerset Railway Tourist Information News - December 2012
(05/12/2012 @ 11:54:00)
- December Shopping At Minehead Railway Station
(30/11/2012 @ 14:10:00)
- News for Group Travel Organisers:- New Year Exhibitions which the West Somerset Railway will be attending
(29/11/2012 @ 13:45:00)
- West Somerset Railway “Dunster Castle Express” Familiarisation Visits for March 2013
(28/11/2012 @ 15:40:00)
- Somerset 2013 Brochure - View it online now.
(23/11/2012 @ 17:32:00)
- 2013 Family Days Out on the West Somerset Railway
(22/11/2012 @ 11:26:00)
- West Somerset Railway attending South West Group Travel Show in the New Year
(16/11/2012 @ 14:13:00)
- Enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day Afternoon Tea Special with the West Somerset Railway on Thursday 14th February 2013.
(16/11/2012 @ 11:38:00)
- Exmoor Tourism November Update
(16/11/2012 @ 10:37:00)
- Winter Steam Festival Locomotive Workings
(15/11/2012 @ 17:25:00)
- Launch of 2013 Blue Anchor souvenir mug
(13/11/2012 @ 15:32:00)
- Installation of Water Tower at Minehead Railway Station
(13/11/2012 @ 15:28:00)
- 40th Anniversary of the South West Coast Path Association - Great South West Walk
(12/11/2012 @ 14:33:00)
- Our next weekend of Steam Train travel: December 1st and 2nd.
(06/11/2012 @ 14:25:00)
- November at the West Somerset Railway
(05/11/2012 @ 14:43:00)
- Bands announced for 2012 Carol Train Season
(05/11/2012 @ 14:32:00)
- 2013 Group Travel on England's longest steam railway
(29/10/2012 @ 11:15:00)
- Model Railways and Railway Publishers at the 2013 Spring Steam Gala
(26/10/2012 @ 10:49:00)
- Children's TV Character Meet and Greet Days announced for 2013 season
(24/10/2012 @ 09:47:00)
- Autumn Gala dvd on now on sale
(18/10/2012 @ 08:40:00)
- Extended run for Spring Steam Gala 2013
(12/10/2012 @ 12:00:00)
- Bookings now open for WSR to Bristol & Bath Excursion on Sunday 2nd December 2012
(10/10/2012 @ 15:48:00)
- Successful Autumn Steam Gala 2012.
(10/10/2012 @ 11:42:00)
- Photo contributions required!
(09/10/2012 @ 14:07:00)
- The return of 'Snowdrops & Steam'
(08/10/2012 @ 09:07:00)
- 2012 Autumn Steam Gala DVD
(05/10/2012 @ 13:33:00)
- Excursion from Minehead to Bristol and Bath
(07/09/2012 @ 15:16:00)
- Winner of Day Out with Thomas event prize announced
(04/08/2012 @ 09:04:00)
- Discounted West Somerset Railway Watch available now.
(23/07/2012 @ 14:35:00)
- Christmas Cards and 2013 Calendar and Festive Fun on the West Somerset Railway
(16/07/2012 @ 12:11:00)
- The Somerset Tourism Association starts the 'Biggest' domestic and international tour operator marketing push ever.
(05/07/2012 @ 14:57:00)
- Groups and Parties welcome on the West Somerset Railway
(22/06/2012 @ 11:54:00)
- Dunster by Candlelight tickets on sale now!
(20/06/2012 @ 15:21:00)
- Lifting of boiler from Great Western Railway express locomotive number 6024 “King Edward I”
(14/06/2012 @ 09:21:00)
- Readers Halt Second Hand Book shop at Minehead Station need your help!
(13/06/2012 @ 09:50:00)
- Mid Week diesel hauled 'Quantock Belle' Dining Trains scheduled to be headed by Class 33 'Crompton' D6575
(30/05/2012 @ 14:29:00)
- Joint salute for Olympic Torch as crowds turn out at Washford
(30/05/2012 @ 09:06:00)
- Successful first ever Peppa Pig Day at the West Somerset Railway
(26/05/2012 @ 14:13:00)
- West Somerset Railway to feature in BBC2's Great British Railway Journeys featuring Michael Portillo
(24/05/2012 @ 13:02:00)
- Updated Mineral Line Book available from Buffer Stop Shop from 16th June
(22/05/2012 @ 11:24:00)
- Successful inaugural Art Train Day event
(19/05/2012 @ 13:42:00)
- Mixed Traction Weekend Loco information - What is working what?
(18/05/2012 @ 11:46:00)
- Dystonia Support Network BGS Fundraising and awareness raising visit to the West Somerset Railway
(17/05/2012 @ 10:23:00)
- Mixed Traction Weekend - Steam Services confirmed
(16/05/2012 @ 10:00:00)
- New limited edition wagon available from Minehead Buffer Stop Shop
(09/05/2012 @ 13:47:00)
- West Somerset Railway Mixed Traction Weekend Update June 15-17
(07/05/2012 @ 10:59:00)
- Enjoy 'lunchtimes at Lydeard'
(24/04/2012 @ 13:33:00)
- Eagerly awaited Bachmann OO model of S&DJR locomotive No.88 and new book on volunteering on the WSR
(20/04/2012 @ 09:43:00)
- West Somerset Railway Spring Steam Gala 2012 DVD available now!
(13/04/2012 @ 11:43:00)
- Mixed Traction & Autumn Steam Gala Rover Fares reduced
(06/04/2012 @ 11:55:00)
- New West Somerset Railway Association Chairman announced
(06/04/2012 @ 09:04:00)
- Wizzer Walk Helps Finance The Heritage Carriages Project
(04/04/2012 @ 09:10:00)
- New Stage 5 Steam Engineman Course announced.
(02/04/2012 @ 16:08:00)
- New West Somerset Railway watch and souvenir book available from the Minehead Buffer Stop Shop
(02/04/2012 @ 15:43:00)
- History meets the 21st century with new Somerset Routes website - Featuring the West Somerset Railway
(02/04/2012 @ 14:43:00)
- Full steam ahead at West Somerset Railway's first Railway Literary Festival
(28/03/2012 @ 12:49:00)
- The first 2 customers to buy their tickets by credit card at Stogumber.
(28/03/2012 @ 11:34:00)
- Ghost Express calling at Chapel Cleeve
(23/03/2012 @ 16:06:00)
- ArtTrain Day activities announced.
(23/03/2012 @ 16:04:00)
- Arrival of East Chord Rail at Norton Triangle - Photo Gallery
(22/03/2012 @ 23:00:00)
- West Somerset Railway News Flash & Photo Gallery: Norton Fitzwarren Triangle Update
(22/03/2012 @ 19:13:00)
- Mixed Traction Weekend Update
(21/03/2012 @ 18:45:00)
- Come and see what's on offer at Washford Station
(12/03/2012 @ 12:51:00)
- 150th Anniversary of the railway opening from Taunton to Watchet on 31st March 1862.
(12/03/2012 @ 11:02:00)
- Free networking event for all tourism providers from Greater Exmoor
(05/03/2012 @ 14:42:00)
- Volunteers needed for West Somerset Railway events
(18/02/2012 @ 10:12:00)
- Research and help needed
(17/02/2012 @ 14:04:00)
- Bradshaw's Handbook available now from Minehead Buffer Stop Shop
(14/02/2012 @ 14:34:00)
- New Family Special for 2012 Announced: Iron horse and Exmoor Pony Days Out
(09/02/2012 @ 11:40:00)
- Discounted West Somerset Railway Official Souvenir Guides available
(03/02/2012 @ 11:51:00)
- Can you help? Watchet Station need Victorian clothes for 150th Anniversary Event
(02/02/2012 @ 11:46:00)
- WSR Volunteering Book Questionnaire
(01/02/2012 @ 09:10:00)
- Recruitment/Open Day for Potential Volunteers – Sunday 22 April 2012
(31/01/2012 @ 14:54:00)
- Come and see Peppa Pig at Minehead Railway on 26th May!
(25/01/2012 @ 12:44:00)
- ArtTrain - Love Somerset? Love art? Love railways?
(24/01/2012 @ 18:21:00)
- Snowdrop Valley Visitors Steaming In
(24/01/2012 @ 09:57:00)
- Murder Mystery 2012 season announced
(21/01/2012 @ 13:42:00)
- 150th Anniversary of the opening of the original West Somerset Railway
(20/01/2012 @ 16:21:00)
- Two more publishers have joined the line-up for the Minehead Literary Festival
(20/01/2012 @ 16:17:00)
- Spring Steam Gala Literary Festival
(16/01/2012 @ 09:26:00)
- Real Ale Festival announced.
(13/01/2012 @ 09:22:00)
- Snowdrop Valley Open For Business
(13/01/2012 @ 09:11:00)
- Minehead Diamond Jubilee Festival - June 1st - 5th
(10/01/2012 @ 14:51:00)
- 'Calling all participants of the 'Wizzer Walk'. Time to collect that Sponsor Money!'.
(09/01/2012 @ 15:28:00)
- New for 2012: Summer Evenings At The Seaside
(05/01/2012 @ 16:32:00)
- 2012 Diesel Experience course dates announced.
(28/12/2011 @ 12:06:00)
- 90 people took part in the Wizzer Walk Sunday November 27th.
(29/11/2011 @ 11:01:00)
- West Somerset Railway steam locomotive line up for 2012
(22/11/2011 @ 10:06:00)
- Britain's longest standard gauge heritage railway looks to offer combined days out with local attractions
(02/11/2011 @ 15:09:00)
- Autumn Steam Gala DVD on now on sale
(17/10/2011 @ 09:45:00)
- Best Kept Station Awards 2011 - Winners Announced
(04/09/2011 @ 14:02:00)
- West Somerset Railway Mixed Traction Gala 2010 DVD Available now.
(04/09/2011 @ 08:40:00)
- West Somerset Railway calendar in collaboration with local artist Leo Davey
(02/09/2011 @ 08:30:00)
- Winter Steam Festival Bookings now open!
(26/08/2011 @ 11:07:00)
- Commemorative 'Norton Manor' bone china mugs available now.
(18/08/2011 @ 09:35:00)
- Santa invites you to join him on his 'Santa Special' and 'Santa Express' trains on the West Somerset Railway
(25/07/2011 @ 18:11:00)
- New Taster Course dates announced for Engineman Courses
(21/07/2011 @ 13:04:00)
- Wizzer Walk Update: Sunday November 27th
(21/07/2011 @ 08:51:00)
- Diesel and Electric Preservation Group - Williton Diesel Depot 2011 Diary - Revision D Announced
(18/07/2011 @ 14:00:00)
- Book now online for our Late Summer Weekend - featuring 'Tornado'.
(18/07/2011 @ 08:34:00)
- It's the season to be jolly! - Book now for Carol Trains
(18/07/2011 @ 07:55:00)
- Book signings at Minehead's 'Buffer Stop Shop'
(12/07/2011 @ 13:40:00)
- The Brendon Hills Iron Mines and the West Somerset Mineral Railway book by M.H. Jones available now.
(12/07/2011 @ 12:36:00)
- Ian Coleby's 'The Minehead Branch 1848 - 1971' available now.
(11/07/2011 @ 09:38:00)
- Beer Festival Tee-Shirts now on sale at Minehead's Buffer Stop Shop
(08/07/2011 @ 14:45:00)
- Locomotive Naming Ceremony in honour of 40 Commando - Royal Marines at Minehead Railway Station
(17/06/2011 @ 12:21:00)
- Book relaunch: The Minehead Branch and the West Somerset Railway by Colin G. Maggs.
(09/06/2011 @ 13:44:00)
- Rail Ale Trains on West Somerset Railway revives golden age of ale by rail.
(08/06/2011 @ 16:35:00)
- 'Return to Steam' - Odney Manor
(02/06/2011 @ 08:49:00)
Join the West Somerset Railway on Sunday 18th September 2011 for the 'Return to Steam' - Odney Manor
- The Heart Radio 'Time Tunnel' brought to you in association with the West Somerset Railway!
(25/05/2011 @ 11:30:00)
Step back in time with classic tunes and a trip on the West Somerset Railway.
- West Somerset Railway in Bloom
(18/05/2011 @ 09:32:00)
- Calling All Walkers. Join the Wizzer Walk
(13/05/2011 @ 08:50:00)
- Join the West Somerset on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
(12/05/2011 @ 17:18:00)
- West Somerset Railway welcomes Rotary Group Study Exchange on board.
(07/05/2011 @ 15:58:00)
- Heritage Traction Passenger Train dates announced for 2011
(07/05/2011 @ 10:16:00)
We have been advised by the DEPG of the operating dates for heritage traction passenger trains for the next few months.
- Weekend of Special Events at West Somerset Railway Stations
(06/05/2011 @ 14:41:00)
- Father's Day on the West Somerset Railway
(02/05/2011 @ 17:36:00)
Train rides, souvenirs, Fish & Chips special...
- Mineral Line Tours - Book Now!
(01/05/2011 @ 09:04:00)
- Book now online for Day Out With Thomas™
(28/04/2011 @ 10:06:00)
Come and Have a Day Out With the World’s Favourite Blue Engine on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd July 2011!
- 'Royal Wedding Special' at the Turntable Cafe, Minehead.
(26/04/2011 @ 11:31:00)
Toast the Royal couple.
- 'Fergus', a Traction Engine on rails joins the line-up for 'Day Out With Thomas'
(25/04/2011 @ 09:53:00)
- Calling all amateur sleuths!
(24/04/2011 @ 13:51:00)
There is murder on the horizon...
- Mixed Traction Weekend Update
(19/04/2011 @ 07:12:00)
Mixed Traction Weekend Updated details
- 'Sir Lamiel' in operation on April 23, 24 and 25.
(18/04/2011 @ 13:44:00)
Southern Railway 'King Arthur' Class 4-6-0 777 'Sir Lamiel' will make an additional appearance on April 23rd, 24th & 25th operating from Bishops Lydeard.
- Launch of Hestercombe Express
(13/04/2011 @ 14:28:00)
- Somerset Stages Rally
(11/04/2011 @ 16:02:00)
Starts at Minehead Railway Station on Saturday 16th April 2011
- Accessible Somerset - Easy Access for All
(06/04/2011 @ 11:28:00)
A new leaflet has been produced
- West Somerset Railway will be exhibiting at Excursions 2012 come and visit us there!
(06/04/2011 @ 11:04:00)
- Dunster Castle Express Inaugural run.
(05/04/2011 @ 17:12:00)
The West Somerset Railway and Dunster Castle are gearing up for the inaugural run of the new for 2011 service - the Dunster Castle Express.
- 35th Anniversary Spring Steam Gala DVD
(04/04/2011 @ 07:57:00)
The DVD of the recent West Somerset Railway 35th Anniversary Spring Steam Gala will be available in the next few days.
- 'The Pannier Papers No.2' available now from Minehead Buffer Stop Shop
(01/04/2011 @ 07:19:00)
- 70000 "Britannia" Merchandise Available at Minehead Buffer Stop Shop
(24/03/2011 @ 19:14:00)
- Real Ale Festival September 10th and 11th 2011
(22/03/2011 @ 13:32:00)
- Volunteer Recruitment Day
(03/03/2011 @ 13:20:00)
The West Somerset Railway Association is holding Volunteer Recruitment Days on 17th April and 25th September
- West Somerset Railway Walk
(13/02/2011 @ 18:01:00)
The West Somerset Steam Railway Trust is again organising a Sponsored Walk